This 20 week part time programme is designed to give you the theoretical knowledge and skills to work as an effective Education Support worker (also known as Learning Support or Teacher Aide) in early childhood settings through to tertiary. This programme will also provide a sound basis for further education and training for people interested in a career in teaching.
When you have completed the Education Support – Early Childhood to Tertiary programme you will gain:
- NZ Certificate in Education Support and Care (Level 4)
Qualification code: NZ2761
Throughout these 20 weeks you will complete two modules:
- Education Support Module 1 (Inclusive Practice)
- Education Support Module 2 (Theory & Practice)
One day a week you will train at Educare Training and a minimum of one day a week in your practicums under the supervision of a qualified supervisor.
All of our Trainees will be required to undergo TETT interview process and literacy procedures to make sure they are able to succeed in these qualifications. TETT will also contact references to support the application and complete police vetting and adhere to Safety Checking under the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014. Computer and internet access is necessary. Trainees must be over 17 years old.
Graduates of this qualification may undertake further study towards qualifications in teacher education or human services at Level 5 or higher.
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge for roles such as:
- Education/Learning Support, Teacher Aide, ICT assistant, Library assistant, Administrator in schools and Early childhood settings
- Community support worker in the community disability sector.
Total Credits: 40
Total Learning Hours: 400